Day 40: Majulah Singapura!
A LoveSingapore 40.Day prayer and fast devotional, following 2022's theme of To Live Is Christ: A Journey Through the Book of Philippians.
LoveSingapore // August 9, 2022, 12:01 am
Bible reading for 40.DAY 2022 | 1 Timothy 2:1–4
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
1 Speak life! The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace (Numbers 6:24-26). Bless our leaders by name:
- Mdm Halimah Yacob | President
- Mr Lee Hsien Loong | Prime Minister
- Mr Lawrence Wong | Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance
- Mr Heng Swee Keat | Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies
- Mr Teo Chee Hean | Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for National Security
- Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam | Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for Social Policies
- Dr Ng Eng Hen | Minister for Defence
- Dr Vivian Balakrishnan | Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Mr K Shanmugam | Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law
- Mr Gan Kim Yong | Minister for Trade and Industry
- Mr S Iswaran | Minister for Transport and Minister-in-charge of Trade Relations
- Ms Grace Fu Hai Yien | Minister for Sustainability and the Environment
- Mr Chan Chun Sing | Minister for Education
- Mr Masagos Zulkifli | Minister for Social and Family Development and Second minister for Health and Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs
- Mr Ong Ye Kung | Minister for Health
- Mr Desmond Lee | Minister for National Development and Minister-in-charge of Social Services Integration
- Mrs Josephine Teo | Minister for Communications and Information and Second Minister for Home Affairs
- Ms Indranee Thurai Rajah | Minister, Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Finance and Second Minister for National Development
- Dr Mohamad Maliki Bin Osman | Minister, Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Education and Second Minister for Foreign Affairs and Leader of the House
- Mr Edwin Tong | Minister for Culture, Community and Youth and Second Minister for Law
- Dr Tan See Leng | Minister for Manpower and Second Minister for Trade and Industry
Acknowledge the good and gracious hand of God upon our Government.
2 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above (James 1:17). Thank God for His gifts of peace, prosperity, and progress all these 57 years of nationhood. Acknowledge the good and gracious hand of God upon our Government. In a global tracking index, Singapore ranked third in the world and first in Asia for effectiveness of government (Chandler Institute of Governance | The Straits Times, April 28, 2022):
- Leadership and foresight
- Robust laws and policies
- Strong institutions
- Financial stewardship
- Attractive marketplace
- Global influence and reputation
- Helping people rise
3 Give thanks to God for our Government’s excellent efforts in battling Covid-19. Pray for the Multi-Ministry Taskforce, medical experts, scientific community, key consultants, chief decision-makers, doctors, and healthcare workers. May they each encounter God and experience a double portion of rest and rejuvenation, faith and foresight, clarity and courage, wisdom and wonder, shalom and success.
Give thanks to God for our Government’s excellent efforts in battling Covid-19.
4 In these days of messy geopolitics, ask God to protect Singapore and keep her safe (Psalm 140:6-7).
5 On the issue of 377A, the Government is considering how to proceed without “causing a sudden, destabilising change in social norms or public expectations” (Today, March 3, 2022).
- Pray for God’s good, pleasing and perfect will to be done in Singapore. The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He will (Proverbs 21:1). The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 9:10). Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have insight, I have power (Proverbs 8:14).
- Pray that our Government will continue to protect and preserve the right of the Church to profess, practise and propagate our biblical convictions regarding gender, sexual morality, heterosexual marriage, traditional family structure and parenting — without harassment from any third party.
- Pray that our Government will, by legislation and policy, uphold and strengthen the sanctity of heterosexual marriage, establishing this core moral value as the norm, the model for natural procreation, and the stable foundation to bring up the next generation for the long term good and continuity of our nation.
- Pray that our Government will take effective measures to protect the young and vulnerable in our society.
We are an independent, non-profit organisation that relies on the generosity of our readers, such as yourself, to continue serving the kingdom. Every dollar donated goes directly back into our editorial coverage.
Would you consider partnering with us in our kingdom work by supporting us financially, either as a one-off donation, or a recurring pledge?Support Salt&Light