Let’s unite in prayer every day at noon (12pm): LoveSingapore renews [email protected] call at critical juncture of Covid-19 battle
Salt&Light // May 21, 2021, 11:09 am
"Together, let us fix our eyes on God and cry out to Him on behalf of Singapore," says LoveSingapore, as they urge believers across Singapore to unite in prayer at noon every day. Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash.
“It is very important for us to understand that we are now on the knife-edge, and our community cases can go either way over the next few weeks.” (Minister Lawrence Wong)
As Covid-19 continues to dominate headlines in Singapore, with church leaders and worship services affected by Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) restrictions, the leaders of the LoveSingapore unity and prayer movement have urged believers across Singapore to unite in prayer at noon every day – a movement dubbed [email protected].
Every day @ noon, wherever you are, pause and pray. Be the Lord’s mouthpiece to speak His blessings over Singapore.
“Together, let us fix our eyes on God and cry out to Him on behalf of Singapore,” LoveSingapore said in a message distributed to local churches, urging all to remember Psalm 46:1:
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
“Wherever we are, at 12pm – noon – we will pause and pray together for Singapore. We will synchronise prayers daily at 12noon sharp. We will set our phone alarms to ring at 12noon. Imagine all our alarms ringing at the same time across the city!” LoveSingapore said one year ago, when the [email protected] movement was launched on Feb 14.
“For as long as the Spirit leads – go five minutes or 15 minutes or one hour. Our God hears. Our God sees. Our God will act!”
As we arise again in unity at this critical point of Singapore’s Covid-19 fight, here’s how we can pray.
[email protected]: Healthier together!
“GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1)
“The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:17-18)
OUR EYES ON GOD.
OUR CRY FOR SINGAPORE!
Every day @ noon, wherever you are, pause and pray. Be the Lord’s mouthpiece to speak His blessings over Singapore:
• love and life
• hope and healing
• faith and fortitude
• mercy and miracle
• shalom and salvation
Especially remember those who are not coping well in this phase of Heightened Alert.
• Is it a spouse?
• Is it a son or daughter?
• A church member or leader?
• A neighbour, a colleague?
• A classmate, a teacher?
• A friend, a friend of a friend?
• A frontline worker?
Compassionately pray for each person by name. Include nameless others beyond your circle:
• The Vulnerable. Those with pre-existing health conditions, physical or mental.
• The Burnt Out. Those emotionally drained and mentally exhausted from stress, work-related or home-related (caregiving).
• The Anxious. Those prone to health-related worries.
• The Fearful. Those prone to panic attacks due to heightened anxiety.
• The Angsty. Those prone to agitations, frustration, and anger.
• The Depressed. Those prone to low moods of helplessness and hopelessness.
• The Pessimist. Those prone to negative thoughts, expecting the worst.
• The Brokenhearted. Those stricken with great sorrow over loss.
• The Disadvantaged. Those most impacted economically.
• The Overwhelmed. Those going bonkers juggling WFH and HBL.
“Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2).
Love God by Loving Neighbour.
MORE STORIES ON PRAYING FOR SINGAPORE: