Missed LoveSingapore’s National Hour of Prayer today? Here are the pointers.
Salt&Light // May 15, 2020, 7:09 pm
Photo courtesy of LoveSingapore.
The Church gathered together for the National Hour of Prayer at midday today (May 15) to intercede for our nation.
Also known as PraySingapore@12, it is a rallying of believers to pause and pray, keeping our eyes on God as we cry out to Him on behalf of our nation, trusting that He will do marvellous things that we could never figure out on our own (Jeremiah 33:3).
Here are the prayer pointers by LoveSingapore:
1. Acknowledge who God is
Almighty God, King of Glory! To whom can we compare You? There is none like You. With one voice, we confess who You are:
You are the all-knowing God. Nothing confounds You. Nothing is a mystery to You (Psalm 147:5).
You are the all-present God. Nothing is off your radar. Nothing escapes your attention (Psalm 139:7-12).
You are the all-powerful God. Nothing is beyond You. Nothing is impossible for You (Luke 1:37).
You are the all-wise God. Far too wise to ever make a mistake (2 Samuel 22:31).
You are the all-loving God. Far too loving to abandon us to sin and shame (Romans 5:8).
You are the all-merciful God. Far too merciful to ignore our cry for help (Psalm 66: 17-20).
You are our Sovereign King. All things are under Your rule and control. No human, no demon, no pandemic can thwart Your purposes (Isaiah 46:10; Job 42:2).
Above all, You are God our Father. You love Singapore. You have a calling and a destiny for us (Jeremiah 29:11).
Together we declare: Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be Your Name. Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:9-13). In Jesus’ name, amen.
2. Give thanks to God
Praise God for:
- The government’s commitment and efforts to fight COVID-19 through the top-level multi-ministry task force, efficient operation, S$60 billion in support measures and care for migrant workers’ welfare
- Ground-up initiatives that are helping those in need
- A spirit of unity and heartwarming cooperation among Singaporeans
3. Pray for the healthcare community
Pray that the healthcare workers on our frontlines will have:
- Physical strength
- Mental clarity
- Emotional fortitude
- Spiritual dependence
- Protection over their families
Pray that the health sciences team will:
- Develop effective treatments
- Make advances in research and understanding
- Have godly wisdom and provide sound advice to authorities
- Have successes and breakthroughs
4. Pray for families and homes
Pray that all fathers will:
- First learn of Jesus to have Father God’s heart, and to obey
- Build the family altar in prayer and in Word
- Love their wives as Christ loved the Church (Ephesians 5:25)
- Train up and nurture their children in the way of the Lord (Proverbs 22:6) and not provoke them to anger (Ephesians 6:4)
Pray that all mothers will have:
- A revived faith in God for their family
- A renewed mind to know their identity in Christ
- A redemptive freedom from shame, guilt, comparison and a performance-driven spirit
- A refreshing time of family bonding during this Circuit Breaker period
5. Pray for the shaking of the Church
Pray for the awakening of all pastors and church leaders:
- To repent of their wicked ways – worldly patterns of thinking (Romans 12:2), worldly wisdom (James 3:13-16) and worldly preoccupations (1 John 2:15-16)
- To lead their congregations with the mind of Christ (Philippians 2:5-8), in the fear of the Lord (Proverbs 9:10) and in a close personal relationship with God (John 15:5)
Pray for the separation of all believers:
- To wake up, as God is making a distinction between the righteous and the wicked (Malachi 3:16-18), the wise and the foolish (Matthew 7:24-27) and the sheep and the goats (Matthew 25:31-46)
- To shape up, as God is inviting us to repent from where we have fallen (Revelation 2:4-6), return to the Word as our compass (2 Timothy 3:16-17) and to re-order our priorities (Matthew 6:33)
6. Pray for the pre-believers
- God will open up their hearts to believe
- Entire households will be saved
- There will be a turning toward God in this nation
7. Pray for the migrant workers
- A national change in attitude where there is fair treatment of migrant workers and tangible love and care (Proverbs 14:34)
- Open doors for the Gospel through miraculous healings, sowing of the Good News and open hearts
- Renewed outreach efforts that will overcome language and cultural barriers to build bridges, as well as effective ministries and more labourers